Interested in helping out Highland Park Elementary School PTSO for the 2024/5 school year?
We will have vacancies in multiple officer positions.
Co-President- (Two year term)
Vice- President (One year term)
Secretary (1 year term)
Treasurers (2 vacancies) (2 year term)
Candidates interested in running for an officer position must turn in a Nomination Form to the Board on or before the scheduled April 16th meeting.
- Self Nomination form can be found HERE
- Forms can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or turned in at the Feb/April General meetings to any Board member
- Candidates must be a registered PTSO member in good standing at least 30 days prior to elections (by April 16th) per Section V. Candidates in PTSO Bylaws
- sign up for (general) PTSO Membership HERE
All Applications must be acknowledged at the April board meeting by the Executive Board.
- If more than one person has submitted a form for the same position, a vote will proceed during the May 16th general meeting
- Per bylaws, Artivle VI elections
- PTSO Members (not including GPS employees) must be present at the May general meeting to vote. per Article VII Registration and Dues
- Per bylaws, Article VII Voting rights: Should a household have more than one general member, only 1 vote per household shall be recognized. 16.01 Roberts Rules of Order.
Elections take place at the scheduled May 16th general meeting @ noon.
- Elected officers shall be elected by secret ballot at the election.
- Per bylaws, Article VI Elections, no absentee ballots and members must appear in person to cast a vote.